How do you feel about your images?

swag72

Sara, it depends what you mean by happy. Emotionally, I am always pretty happy - I always find it rewarding as long as I do produce an image of some sort. Each time I learn something new and improve my abilities. I'm a believer in baby steps and try to resist the urge to get too ambitious too soon. Also, I'm always in awe of what my camera has personally captured from the heavens.

As to whether I'm satisfied with the results, certainly not! I'm not naive enough to think my images are good images. But that doesn't mean it's not rewarding.

With regards to processing, I always reach a point where I think "that'll do" and if I find potential improvements, I usually just save them for the next image (which usually has more or better data). That's assuming I manage to get out there to gather any more; if not, that's when I get frustrated and often end up reprocessing old stuff!

It's a shame that some of you are ashamed of your images enough that you won't post them here on SGL. Perhaps if there was less of this behaviour we wouldn't have to compare them only to amazing ones! :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived