Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus transit

bish

From where I am planning to go observing Venus' transit begins early morning at 01:00 when Venus is -11° below horizon. At around 05:00 it starts to climb above horizon and the transit ends at minutes to 08:00 when Venus is some 22° above horizon. That gives some two and a half hours of observing depending on conditions. I'll be watching the weather forecast a couple of days before the event and will have my stuff packed and if the skies are clear I'll be rushing to see it with my mates. Got to see a thing that happens so rarely. And I haven't seen the 2004 transit too.

Yeah, this is a must see event! Missed 2004 as well, and this is the last chance... our great great grandchildren, retired by then, will observe it next time 105 years from now. Well worth a good drive to get to clear skies if needed!

Thinking to take the day off work if it will be a good transit!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From where I am planning to go observing Venus' transit begins early morning at 01:00 when Venus is -11° below horizon. At around 05:00 it starts to climb above horizon and the transit ends at minutes to 08:00 when Venus is some 22° above horizon. That gives some two and a half hours of observing depending on conditions. I'll be watching the weather forecast a couple of days before the event and will have my stuff packed and if the skies are clear I'll be rushing to see it with my mates. Got to see a thing that happens so rarely. And I haven't seen the 2004 transit too.

Sounds good. Hope the weather is kind to you.

Archived