Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200P or 80ED

Hi All

Just a quick one. I don't want to guide but I do want to get some "reasonably" long exposures. Would I be better getting the lighter / shorter ED80 over the faster larger light grabbing 200P. My EQ6 has been greased and tuned so it's not actually that bad. I have notice slight error when pointing west but I have read adjusting the counter weights may help with this.

My camera is unmodified so I'm guessing this means that those targets that really need the exposure are beyond my reach anyway so I figured I'd just keep things simple ?????

I'm not sure of the right answer to this. I split the difference and went with a 150P. f/5 so nice and fast, Newt so no CA to worry about and shorter 750mm focal length rather than the 1000mm of the 200P so you get a wider field with a DSLR and can run unguided for slightly longer (though on an EQ6 I am not sure it makes much difference to max sub length).

Archived