Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepieces for WO 80mm

Managed to buy an APO - WO Zenithstar II 80ED from Veracocha. I am delighted with the scope but only have standard eyepieces and an eyepiece kit I got for half price when I got my first scope. I reckon to do the WO justice I need ED eypieces and an ED Barlow, especially for imaging. My budget is limited but I have seen BST and Ostara ED eyepieces and GSO, Skywatcher and Altair Astro ED barlows, there are other unbranded eyepieces and barlows which I suspect I should stay clear of. Are any of these worth buying to help do the WO justice?

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Also consider the Meade S5000 TeleXtender or it's Bresser branded version.

BST, Celestron X-cel LX, and Meade HD60, have some good reviews.

Avoid the old Celestron X-cel (ED) or the other brand version of that eyepiece. I suspect the Ostara ED is one of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had two Williams 80mm telescopes one a singlet at 480mm F6 and the other which I still use a F53 doublet at 550mm F7

The Eyepieces I started with where Vixen all had good views but limited width.. I upgraded to LVW Vixen eyepieces which are very good but expensive and added some Baader Hyperions for eyepiece projection photograpy ( Moon ) the scope is not good on planets for viewing and to increase image size and detail for planets I use more expensive TelVue Raidians and a 2" 2X powermate with existing eyepieces.

My collection in use is

27mm Panoptic

22 Vixen LVW

17 Baader Hyperion

13 Vixen LVW

8 Baader Hyperion

5 Vixen LVW

4 Televue Radian

I have good views and I am happy with what I have.

I also have a GS0 200mm F4 reflector and a 102mm F7 Ikharos doublet, the eyepieces are used in them all.

Archived