Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece Upgrade

Hi all,

I recently got a Jessops 1100-102 reflector for christmas and am looking to make the most out of it.

It came with 6mm, 12.5mm and 20mm eyepieces, but from what I understand these eyepieces will be of low quality so I'm looking to upgrade, but I have no idea what would be good.

According to the stickied 'Eyepieces - the very least you need.' thread, the best sized eyepieces for my scope would be 8mm, 13.5mm and 21.5mm.

Would I be better off getting EP's closer to these measurements, or sticking with the sizes it came with? And any suggestions on specific eyepieces?

Cheers,

Andy,

Leeds

Use the eyepieces that you have for the first month or so. This will give you an idea of how good or bad they are and more relevantly what you want for your preference.

The idea of 8mm, 12mm and 25mm seems pretty reasonable. However it depends on what you prefer.

Which ones, plossls are inexpensive, but the smaller focal length ones can lack eye relief, meaning you have to get your eye close to the actual eyepiece. Several brands, possibly consider Vixen ones as they are said to be good.

TMB Planetary's are an option, good range of focal lengths.

BST Explorers are another.

Archived