Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

450D Filter Removal Before/After

Stephen

Just a comparison of before and after removal of the IR filter.

I have not done a full spectrum mod, I have just removed the IR filter and left the low pass one in.

Both these shots were taken at 1/25, Tv, nifty fifty on auto focus.

post-23057-133877710286_thumb.jpg

post-23057-133877710293_thumb.jpg

To my poor eyesight, they both look "as near as" focused implying maybe the single filter removal doesn't completely stuff up auto focus? (There was some debate on this previously I read.)

Now onto the bubble nebula/M52 when this blooming weather clears up ..........

Hope this helps someone :D

The possible out of focus is more noticable on targets at infinity.... what's why I think the mod is OK for "family" shots...

(Yes, I know...you wish the kids WERE at infinity, sometimes!, but for the "Ohhh Ahhh" shots it seems to be OK)

The possible out of focus is more noticable on targets at infinity.... what's why I think the mod is OK for "family" shots...

(Yes, I know...you wish the kids WERE at infinity, sometimes!, but for the "Ohhh Ahhh" shots it seems to be OK)

One can wish :D

Do you have a recommendation for fixing the white balance?

(edit) might need to take it apart again, there's a definite "rattle" this morning :)

I just used an off white wall, pretty uniformly illuminated by daylight to prepare a Custom White Balance, as per the Manual.....

Am I right in thinking that relies on you creating a new CWB each time the lighting changes? (indoor/outdoor/etc)

(Edit) I should add this isn't mission critical, I have a Fuji for day to day stuff. I was just curious :p

Archived