Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Neutral Density Moon Filter

PreludeToADream

I've got a new 'scope, a 10" Dobsonian. I used to do lunar observing with my old 'scope and never bothered with a filter as it was only a 5". However due to the increased light gathering should I invest in a filter this time round?

I've seen this one: First Light Optics - Baader Neutral Density Moon filters

If I need a filter, which density would be most suitable for a 10" 'scope? I was thinking 0.9.

Hi PreludeToADream, I can recommend the Baader ND filter, and 0.09 is the best for your 10" reflector. If you are not sure what density you will want to use why not consider a variable polarizing filter, then you can choose what is best for you, a bit more expensive I know but I can assure you, they are well worth the money: First Light Optics - Variable Polarizing Moon Filter

I have an 8" dob and I use that filter ( the 0.9). It works a treat and makes viewing a lot more comfortable. I would recommend it. Since everyone's eyes are different you may want to try looking at the moon first and see how you feel :D

Archived