NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Attempt at the Orion Nebula

teh_feckerer

Its a classic, and my first real attempt at AP.

Taken without tracking aids (will all be changing soon) with a Nikon D90 and 70-200mm VR ED lens at 200mm. ISO was 6400 and took 119 light images 29 darks at 1". Stacked with DSS

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1941/oriondesktop.jpg

Hopefully be onto "proper" stuff when the sky clears.

Be kind please :D

Wow... that's really very good for 1sec exposures!!!

Normally the Running Man to the top left doesn't start to show up until you get into guided exposures of a few minutes!

Very good start!!

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks very much! I showed it to an Australian observer friend of mine and he was saying the same sorta thing. I think I'll be doing more when I get my scope and mount sorted.

Great Start his is such a classic first target and a really lovely one to get going on lets hope for some more crisp clear nights you should have a crack at the horse head and flame nebula just above this target as well great fun.

I've a wide angle image with the flame nebula, but nothing of significance for the Horsehead, sadly its a lil too faint for a 1second shot.

I'll be getting longer shots soon as the weather calms.

Archived