Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is it safe to leave a scope on it's mount?

Hi

I'm not usually a worried but looking at my shiny new telescope( not out side because clouds look just the same through a scope), on its goto mount, I can't help thinking that it looks it'll damage the tube or fall off! Is it safe to leave it on its mount, or should I take itoff.

Cheers

Matt

i have a meade 90mm refractor on a goto mount i leave it on all the time and its 2 years ols and no harm as come to it say in that i do have a quite place for them to sleep so people banging it or getting near to my scopes will never happen shhhh they sleeping

Depending on your scope you should take it off. I take my SW 200p off my heq5 and counter-weights and I asked this question not long ago and I got told it puts strain on the motors but I assume if you have a reasonably light scope it would be ok. Im not sure if you motors would be under strain on all mounts. It may only be EQ mounts.

Hope this has helped

Archived