Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 Pleiades on xmas eve

jsigone

Good to be back and running again after 3months of nothing.... Had some laptop problems and lack of motivation to get out and image thanks to Battlefield 3 :D So I figure I'd start with an easy target. This is 1st of 2 targets, I imaged this one til it hit the flip and then moved to the rosette (still need to stack that one). Not sure if my collimation is off a bit or if I missed focused that are causing the ray beams. Thanks for looking!!

Hardware:

Scientific Explorer 152mm Mak-Newt F4.8

Celestron ASGT5 mount

Canon XS (self mod) with Astronomiks CLS-CCD clip in

50mm Autoguider/SSAG

Settings:

155mins of data

ISO 1600, 31 x 5min, 10 darks& 30 flats

Software:

Nebulosity 2, CS4,Fitworks

6568206691_2c946865e7_z.jpg

M45 Pleiades 31 x 5 min iso1600 with Canon 1000D by jsigone, on Flickr

Very good image there, I was pondering possibly looking at this scope for the new year, with the stock focuser, how do you find focusing, any problems with inward or outward focus. I do know that supplied ext. tubes are supplied as part of the package with this carbon fibre scope...

Nadeem.

Thanks! The focuser is pretty nice. In the summer I use a lunch cooler around the camera and that adds an extra 3 lbs but no flexure noticed. Its spacer properly for a aps-c sized chip with low profile adapter to avoid diffraction spike. If full frame camera or longer t ring adapter would cause the 2 way spikes. Others then that I love this scope! Super flat field makes mosaics easier then with my old 80ed doublet with ff.

Archived