Skymax 80mm

Hi. further to my other post i have bought a skymax 80 from ebay thinking it was a 90mm. I was thinking about pulling out of the deal as it was not made clear on the listing but before i go down that path has anyone any experience of this. scope.

so is that all its good for? i bought it thinking it was a 90 to compare it to my celestron firstscope 90 eq but i think its going to be inferior.

hope i am not paying over the odds for it

Skywatcher optics are consistently good so I'm sure the scope will perform fine for an 80mm maksutov-cassegrain.

I can't see an 80mm scope with a central obstruction out performing an unobstructed 90mm scope (ie: a refractor) though other than in 2 areas - the mak should not show any false colour wheras the refractor will show a little and the mak will be more compact. A good holiday scope perhaps ?.

Archived