Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LTC 0610 Camera any good?

cymag

Hi.

I have a brand new Bosch Dinion LTC 0610 1/2" CCD video camera (stats below) would this be any good for a guide camera or image camera?

I am aware that I will need to convert from a BNC to an RCA jack then USB.

Sorry, it will be easier to post the PDF link...

http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/Data_sheet_enUS_2011260939.pdf

Thanks

It's an analog monitoring camera. Such cameras aren't useful in astronomy except of meteor monitoring.

Thanks!!

I can package it back up and take it back to work then! Worth asking the question though!!

It's a CCTV camera and produces composite video to feed into a TV set or other analogue monitor. You can get a video capture card or USB box and save your video to HD. You might be able to make an AVI file from the video and feed that into Registax for imaging. Your resolution would be limited to something a bit less than 640x480. I know it says 540 TV lines resolution but in practice the TV video will be PAL and 512 lines of which you can usually squeeze 480 pixels height. You get 640 pixels horizontal but the actual resolution will be somewhat less.

TBH you'd be better off with a webcam.

Thanks Gina,

I have a D300s DSLR which I have just bought a T mount for, so i think i will give that a try until I get some half decent images, then maybe progress to something else.

Mark

DSLR imaging is a good way to start. You can see what you're imaging in the viewfinder (unless it's too faint) and focus it etc. Try the moon first and get used to your equipment. It's big and bright and quite easy to find. Don't try to be too ambitious at first.

Archived