NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Strathspey 15x70.

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with these bins? Are they better constructed than the Celestron/Revelation bins, do they perform better at all? They are twice the price of the Revelations, is that reflected in their quality optics e.t.c.

Thanks for your time,

Bill.

I've owned the Celestron ones and currently have the Revelation ones. The Strathspey ones look absolutely identical to the Revelation pair and seem to have exactly the same spec. My guess is that they are from the same manufacturer (Strathspey / Revelation are just brand names, they don't make them). It's possible that the QC on the Strathspey ones is better as I know the Revelation ones do show some variation in quality. Mine happen to be very good :)

It's often tough to know for certain the factory of origin of the goods we buy, so the the Strathspeys could come from the same source as the cheaper options.

But the Revelations etc are super value and well liked. If it were me, I'd get the cheaper option from a reliable dealer that will listen if you are not happy with them.

Regards, Ed.

I looked at the Strathspey 15x70`s, was going to buy them but thought they seemed identical to the Revelations. Anyway I went with the Rev`s, and for half the price of the Strathspey set I really got a bargain for £50. My Revs are absolutely brilliant, perfect. The best £50 I have spent on this hobby.

Archived