Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

autoguiding

Hi All,

Being new to the whole Astro scene and not knowing anything i have bought a Bresser Messier 127L and i am using a EQ5 synscan mount. My question is what do i need for imaging in general? I also have a Canon 1100D and an T mount adapter and i picked up for silly money a Celestron 102 wide field ota with a 2" crayford focuser. Can i mount the 102 on the Bresser and use it for Auto guiding?

Andy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In answer to Chris Partsenidis, I have an IMG0H Astrolumina ALccdIMG0H Farb-Kamera, gekühlt precisely because I wanted something that could double as a guidecam and be used for planetary imaging. It has the Sony 618 chip so I've been very pleased with the planetary imaging results, but it also has an ST4 guideport so nice and easy to use with PHD. After much deliberation, I went for the colour version of the camera; sub-pixel guiding with no problems (aside from some odd very slow drift in Dec last night, but I'm sure that's not the camera).

Not a cheap camera, but way better than the other options mentioned on here if you do want a capable planetary camera...

Archived