NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NS8-GPS Filter Limits

Scanning through the manual & the handset menus I noticed that you can get the handset to ignore objects below your site horizon by setting minimum altitude angle limit. My regular observing site {back garden} has a 12 deg obstruction to the South, East & West but a 35 deg obstruction to the North {the house}. Is there any way of filtering the objects so that it ignores items that are in the North or is it just altitude limits?

Darren

Its just altitude limits I'm afraid. Unless you were running the scope via software on a laptop... Astroplanner for instance allows you to put in a profile of the horizon for an observing site thereby ignoring those objects that aren't visible.

James

Cheers James I'll just have to stick with Alt limits, I was just trying to get around having the tour bring up loags of objects I can't see, It tends to come up with the objects in the North first.

Darren

I know the problem Darren - also got trees and houses to contend with. Anyone know if you can get the scope to show you anything of interest near where the scope is pointing?

Helen

Archived