Tripod suggestions please

I have a feeling that Santa may be bringing me a pair of Celestron Skymaster 15x70 binos next week so will be in the market for a half decent tripod to mount them on, hopefully one that doesn't cost more than the binos.

I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

John

get the tallest most stable set you can otherwise you will be bent over in all shapes dont get a flexible leg tripod the more rigid the better.

If you are not going to be carrying it for long distances the weight does not matter so much. 9 times out of 10 it is only to or from the car to the set up position which to be honest is usually just behind the car.

if you can make or purchase a parallel mount that makes binocular astronomy so much easier again.

I used a Horizon 8115 when I had some 25x100's and it did pretty well. It's build quality is a little rough in places but it is pretty tall and sturdy:

First Light Optics - Horizon 8115 2-Way Heavy Duty Tripod

It does cost around the same as the binoculars but tall, stable tripods with sufficient capacity to hold astro binoculars are going to cost a few bob.

Archived