Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Alignment help please

Lat is 53.36 = 53 20

Long is 1.48W = 1 30W = -1.48 or -1 30

This is often down to the power supply, if you are using batteries then get a mains supply from Maplins or a power tank.

After that check the connections.

I think that the Celestrons want the Longitude first.

The time zone is 0. They sometimes have a different default in.

Have you set the scope and mount up, as in level and I believe pointing north as the initial point. This will hopefully remove as many errors that the scope has tp compensate for.

If all the above fail then hit the reset and start over again amking sure everything is as wanted.

I had a similar thing with my NEQ6 Pro, and as i really wanted some DSO's to work with in Photoshop, i downloaded some maps has Stellarium running and set about finding them, sort of hard at first, but now seems quite easy and you would get to know the night sky so much quicker...

Think most do that. Meades do and they default to 20:00. The location remains whatever you used last until you select another. So the same.

Glad you got it sorted, it's always something simple that is the problem. Eventually you work through every last one of them.

Archived