NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eagle nebula M16 in narrowband

Tim

I can't really remember taking this bit of data way back in June, but I think I was testing out binning the exposures 2x2 to increase sensitivity at f10. I found a few 900 and 600 second Ha subs tonight, and here they are combined with some O3 and S2 data I captured last year.

I wish this DSO was higher in the sky as it offers such an interesting target.

C9.25 @f10

SXV H9 + Baader 7nm Ha

Thanks for looking.

Tim

post-14037-133877706401_thumb.jpg

You got well in there, Tim! The pair of doubles, each with a large and small star, are very cleanly split by the C9.25. Impressive.

I dare say we'll be having a look at this target when the long FL scope arrives and the summer comes back. It gets to a reasonable elevation at Lat 44. You did well from up yonder, anyway.

Olly

must resist les granges.......must resist les granges..... :icon_salut:

That scope does perform well, on short subs one of those pairs has an even closer small neighbour and that can be distinguished too.

I think i'm going to use the C9.25 to do an 2350mm fl image of the crab. One sub last year was incredible, filled the H9 chip nearly.

Archived