Can anyone recommend a good EP for Skyliner 200p

I took delivery of my SW Skyliner 200p dob the other day. It's all setup but haven't had a chance to test it properly yet as the skies were mostly cloudy. I was wondering if the Eyepieces it comes with are any good or if I should upgrade for a closer view of the planets? I'm not looking for an overly expensive EP, just good value for money. Thanks Dave

Well i have same scope, as does alot of others.:icon_salut:

I just got a 8mm and 12mm BST Explorer Dual ED eyepiece.

Alot should say there pretty good and a good price really.

Oh and the guy is top bloke to deal with!

1.25" 8mm BST Explorer Dual ED eyepiece | eBay

I also have a Tal 2x barlow Tal 2x and 3x Barlows.

To start me off :) i might upgrade my 10mm and 25mm later on..

I'm still learning my self! and just in the middle of doing my first collimation! but if you dont ask you dont get as they say!

Like any hobbie, it's always money money :o but as long as we get by, we may as well just injoy it :)

As above...BST seem to be good...for a cheaper eyepiece there is the revelation range..or for more money the celestron X-Cel LX or hyperion...

are you north.. south...east or west of london ??

there are some observing groups around...you could pop along with your 'scope & try out different eyepieces...see what suits your 'scope...& more importantly..your eyes

I wandered the same question before. so in the end i got both. im far from million air, but i sold few things so i could get the 2..

Well the 8mm will give 150x mag. ( As you devide the focal length, which is 1200mm by the eyepiece in mm. So 1200 devided in to 10 mm eyepiece, = 120x, and the 12mm = 100x etc)

I like the moon with the 10mm (but that's just me) which gives me 120x. but coz im greedy i wanted to get that little bit closer :icon_salut:

hence why i got the 8mm. should be nice for jupiter etc. but having the barlow i can just double up on say the 12 and get max 200 on good viewing night. but think on good night the 8mm should look great for jupiter.. but everyone is different. some might say the 12 to start, but it's swings and roundabouts! i like using my 10 and my 25x also. so maybe as you got the 10 and 25. try the 8! depending what you what to see really.

Archived