For those who use a Canon Rebel T3i (600D)

Hello again,

This question is for those who use the Canon Rebel T3i (600D) for the previous similar models.

I've been testing the exposure times and only on the manual setting is where you can have exposures greater than 30 seconds using the bulb exposure.

Doing this I'll need to keep my finger on the button holding it down which is a very bad thing from what many astrophotographers say about vibrations ruining the picture, and the fact that it is just simply irritating.

Is there any setting I am missing where I can press once and then press a second time after a long exposure? I've read that it can only be done with the wireless remote, but can I do this with the release cable and be able to press once to begin the exposure and then press second time to finish the exposure?

The timer remote like Merlin66 suggested will allow you to capture a number of frames of a preset duration with gaps between them .. it can alos be used as a manual wired remote by lockign the push switch...

I have these for all the different DSLR's that I use...

There are loads on ebay just make sure you get the right one for the camera as Canon use at least two different remote shutter release plugs... you want the mini jack type...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=canon+600d+timer+remote

You should be able to find similar items form the canadian or US ebay sites

Peter...

Archived