Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31... still trying :O)

Moon monkey

Same old subs ... about 45 .... 40 secs .. I think :)

Re-prosesed using PS5 ..

Didnt even realise there was any colour in the pic till I started playing..

I know I have a LONG way to go :) but I am having soooo much fun :)

Roll on some nice clear nights... without the moon... thanks

Cheers MM

post-26062-13387770555_thumb.jpg

WOW BEAUTY! sinse you are clearly an experienced astronomer and astrophotographer, is there any chance you can help me out? I own a Celestron Nexstar 6 se and am planning on buying the 5x barlow lens. is this a good option? Also i have a Nikon d40 and im dieing to take some good images. What equipment do i need? Mounts? Software? oh one more thing, why cant i see any colours when i look at objects for example the nebula in orion? Im sorry im asking so much im just really keen. last thing how do i start my own thread like your own here? Dan

Hi Daniel .. Thanks for the comments mate .. and welcome to SGL.

I can assure you I am no expert :) I havent been doing this very long.. You wont see very much colour through your telescope, Astro photography gives a very unrealistic impression ... Your D40 will be fine.. I will let someone with more expertise answer your questions in more detail mate :)

It would be a good idea to post in the welcome section ... at the top of each page there is a small link called "new thread" just click that... :)

Cheers MM

Archived