Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27

Vic&Al

Hi all,

First go at M27 guided. Managed to get only 2 X 240 second exposures + darks before the clouds rolled in. Canon 50d (unmodded)

May have gone a bit heavy on the processing but after taking a few seasons to get my head round setting up all the hardware, the processing stage is proving just as challenging!

post-18013-133877705026_thumb.jpg

Having had a play with your image (hope you don't mind) it looks like you've converted from a Bayer image then left the colours as they come out. (way too much green in the image, then the background going all odd as you try to subtract it)

As there are twice as many green pixels as blue or red you need to balance the colours. On top of that the red or green or blue pixels can have different sensitivities.

I'd start by playing with a normal terrestial image, then process it as you would for astro to get a better feel for what you're doing.

Of course I may have misunderstood what you're doing entirely.

Derek

m27.bmp

It's a very good picture for 2 subs. If you pull the blue curve down a bit your background will be slightly better. Hope you don't mid but I've had a quick play as I'm still learning myself.

I've also selcted M27 itself, lassoed it and boosted the curves a touch just on the DSO.

Archived