NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Christmas Meet 27th/28th Blaenavon

Matthew

I'm working til 6pm so will probably spend the evening in the garden with my lad and our respective Xmas presents. If it's good, and my neck strain is better, then I may come and join you depending on how late you'll be there

If anyone wants to PM me their mobile so I can check if your still around after 8pm

Cheers and good viewing tomorrow!

Steven

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi caveman,I've just got in it was too windy up there for a serious observing session but a big thanks to Dave,Scott and Clayton for braving the elements i will post the dates later for next years sessions and I will be looking for more new sites next year.

thanks for letting me tag along mat :). i did have fun even though it must have been -10 up there lol

Orion nebula took me by surprise with its blue hue, but the thing what impressed me was jupiter through claytons scope. i really wasnt expecting that even at low mag. and then of course viewing it from yours before we packed up sealed the deal for me :D

Thats ok scott, the colour you could see in the nebula was from the OIII filter (it makes a massive differance),once i sort out the focuser im selling my dob.Pity about the wind last night did it take long for you to warm up lol

roughly 38x scott,there wasnt much point trying higher magnifications with wind that strong.im hoping to have a neq6 with a 80 ed(for imaging) then another ota for visual.When we get a clear calmer night if i still got the dob pop up and i will show you jupiter at a higher mag.

Archived