NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WIP - The Tadpoles, IC410

Deneb

Hi

My 1st initial image before the Horse Head coming into view. I really like this object & want to do more with it. A nebula with plenty of real estate...

9x 5mins Lights, 10x Darks & 10x Flats, taken with an SW 80ED DS & a Atik 314L+ on a Celestron CG5 GT Mount.

Tadpoles.jpg

Cheers

Nadeem.

Nadeem, you are doing the same two targets as me in the same order. Great minds eh? :)

See if you can stretch to longer Ha subs on this one, it responds really well and you get loads of extra detail, especially in the darker nebulosity, and the lighter areas will be much smoother too.

It is a fascinating nebula, and very strong in Ha, Oiii and, unusually, Sii emissions.

How come you are using the 80mm on it?

Cheers

Tim

The 115 & 314 would give too little in fov, I really wanted to see how this would pan out on a widefield scope, but it looks like it will pan out very nicely on a 80mm...with some of the outer regions included...but next time I have a go at it (which will be sometime next week), i think I need to center the object better...

Nadeem.

Just to the right of the tads in your pic is a tight group of three stars in a right angle config. They make a good centrepoint.

I'm half tempted to mount my Borg 77 and have another go it after seeing yours :)

(Two objects in one night?! I really missed a good night on Friday evening... :))

I agree with you that it would be better centred down a bit, but it'll look very good with more data... and the ED80 looks just about perfect with the 314L to get the whole thing - I find it very tempting to go in close all the time, but certainly this object is going to look great with this FOV. Are you going to go for an HaRGB or a Hubble...?

Archived