Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PHD pe text file

libraryman

Hi, well now iv'e taken the time to read up on the ideal method, i realise that useing the QHY5 wecam to capture the data was perhaps not the best way, i'l try again useing my sp900 through the scope.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Make sure guiding output is off if you are after a PE trace - your previous log looks rather flat as if guiding was active.

Also don't forget to denter your star declination and enable dec compensation when importing into PECPRep. If you want others to look at your log in PECPrep then you will need to tell us your focal length, pixel size, and declination - alternatively when pecprep loads the PHD file it creates another file with a _EQMOD suffix as this can be read directly into pecprep (as a pe recorder file) without going through the phd conversion process this is perhaps a better file to share.

Chris.

Cheers Chris, quite a learning curve as everything telescopes! i did (at least i thought i did) disable guiding ouput and i saw drift on the crosshair which i though could be correct!!

i now know i need to enter the declination but i did think i was quite close to zero.

i under stand the info you now need, i'll put it in next time.

iv'e also seen the other file so i now understand that so thanks.

i'll wait to see if the clouds clear tonight then have another go, perhaps uesing Kccd with my webcam.

or would you suggest another means?

Ray

Well what a dissapointing night; just typical!!! i set up and started to grab some data, alas the cloud rolled in obliterating the guide star and even the moon.

packed in because the forcast was for clearing skies 3am till 06am, popped my head through the window clear..whoopee!

outside and set up, flipping cloud rolled in!! waited over an hour but no joy..gave up boohoo!!

Happens sooo often.

Anyway enough wineing. no more pe data gathered so here's the file with the EQmod suffix..

anybody able to make senseof it??

Info 900mm fl f8.9 star at 15deg dec pixle size = 5.6 x5.6 microns interestingly the file reports the pixle size as 5.2x 5.2microns ?/

Ray

PHD_log_09Dec1101_RA_EQMOD.txt

Archived