NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rotating Cradle

I'm sure I saw an ad in one of the astro mags for a devise that allowed you to rotate a Newtonian scope

within the rings holding it to the mount so that the eye piece was always at a convenient postion ( same

idea in mind as the rotatable top end of Patrick Moore's 12"er.) so useful for the vertically challenged.

Any ideas.......Or was I dreaming? :police:

I saw a home made device with a hosepipe with jubulee clips all joined together inside the hose. You stuck one lenght of hose outside each tube ring and this let you rotate the tube rings without the tube slipping. If that sounds too complicated :police: Then some folks here have used embroidery rings to do the same thing.

Try this link. Is that it??

http://www.antaresoptical.com/new.htm

That's the one! Cheers Andy!

Bit dearer than I thought and tube diameter isn't mentioned. Shall have to check if cost rises with tube size.

Just found out about the KNITTING CIRCLE and now......EMBROIDERY RINGS ......what else lurks within ....

ROUND ROBINS...no doubt!! :police:

Archived