NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Lazyman's Guide to Astronomy

Probably get slated for this one.

Sometimes all you want to do when your dog tired is to view the Universe. What better than to view this from the warm comfort of your sitting room on a huge 42 inch HD TV. No winter chills here. Nice and toasty!. A glass of mulled wine and a copy of the latest SKy at Night magazine by the side of you. Plus the goto handset.

Just run a cable from your GOTO telescope to the living room (or bedroom). A video cam would have to be attached obviously.

Can this be done? If so has anyone tried it. I know observatory folk do it. But stretch that cable to the warmer house, why not? And are the views on the TV as good as the eyepiece views? HD video is very good.

Surround sound Universe music like NASA use for Jupiter etc would be great too.

Clear Skies

sabana, simple answer: Yes it can be easily done.

You have a few different ways of connecting things up though, but as for enjoyment of view, probably a slight disappointment unless you aim at bright planets or the moon. A look through the eyepiece is well worth the freeze in my opinion :-)

A slight dissappointment in view is a pay-off. But for long winter nights outside compared to the coziness of indoors hmmm.

The Samsung SCB looks a perfect video cam for all night viewing. Have you tried this set up hemihaggis? Would love to hear.

EDIT: Came across this link with this exact camera. Looks perect!

EDIt: EDIT:

They were stacked i believe. This is live view

Archived