Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Logitech Quickcam pro 4000

stan26

Hi folks, yesterday I managed to win myself a logitech quickcam pro 4000 for £5. I was looking for a Toucam but soon realised that they're a bit thin on the 2nd hand market. I came across the QC4000 with minutes to go till auction end, so after a very quick bit of researching the net and finding that it has a CCD sensor I went for it. I'm planning on using it as an "entry level" guide cam, but may attempt to grab an image of Jupiter with it.

I just hope that this cam will be suitable for my needs. Does anyone on here have any experience with this webcam...?

Stan.:)

Yeah, I wish I could get an spc900nc for this price, but hopefully it will do for now. If i decide this guiding business is for me then I shall probably save for a dedicated guide cam, maybe one of those meade dsi/lpi things.

On the plus side though, It arrived today and I took a quick peek inside which has revealed that ( I think) it has the SONY ICX098AK CCD sensor........(I took a pic, see below)?? If so I guess this is a good start:cool:

Plus I successfully downloaded the drivers and got it running in PHD so all is good so far....:)

post-23582-133877703709_thumb.jpg

Archived