NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW 2" ED Barlow in SW 200p woes.

russ.will

Hi, I thought it was me being silly when I first used it, but to be honest, it is so long since I have used it, I used it with my 200P, but since I had a stroke in May 2010, I have not been able to use this telescope and now use my more manageable C100ED with 1.25" ep's. I did not use any adaptors I can say.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd forgotten about this thread. I must give Colin a prod to see if it's been possible to machine a 40mm extension tube to the draw tube (rather than one that fits in the compression ring) that will solve this common issue.

FWIW, I took the 2" ED barlow to S'n'S to see if different models of the 2" focuser make a difference. The answer, had I thought this through in advance, is that of course they don't.

The issue isn't the diametre of the draw tube. It could be a metre wide, but if the compression ring fitted to it is 2", then any extension tube that fits inside that, will have a bore of less than 2".

I'll get on it tomorrow.

Russell

Some models of the SW200P have a collar inside the focuser tube which may inhibit, whereas later models were modified, could this be the problem? I have checked my 2" ED Barlow and the barrel is smaller so that it fits snugly in the focuser, which has set screws, not a compression ring.

Archived