Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone got a Denk PowerSwitch Diagonal ???

kirkster501

A lot of folks raving about these:

https://www.denkmeier.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=63&CFID=36289177&CFTOKEN=33433222

Anyone got one? $380 but factor in postage and then duty and VAT and looking quite expensive. I contacted Russ who makes them and he says he ships to UK all the time so wonder if anyone here has one?

They are a WO 2 " diagonal and a .6 reducer and a Barlow that you just flick a lever and "switch" it in. Even uncle Rod raves about it.

What do you think? Worth getting one?

Cheers, Steve

HI Steve,

Has it also got a swiss army knife attached,,, wow, but factor in postage, duty, 20%vat and £12 for the privelege of the carrier paying this upfront...

Its not for me, but it might float others boats..Thanks for posting the link to have a look at it..

Cheers

I used one with a pair of Denk binoviewers. They were great for not having to switch out eyepieces, but you still have to refocus a great deal. I found that bugged me - it really reduced the enjoyment I got from them. Other people may not mind that at all. If you're used to using swapping a barlow in and out, then this will be easier. If your eyepieces are parfocal, and you don't usually use a barlow, you may find it a pain. Just my thoughts.

I do own a Denk filterswitch diagonal, which has the same sliding assembly, into which you put your own filters (rather than pre-installed reducer/barlow lenses). I find that excellent - wouldn't want to be without it now.

Archived