webcam in heritage 130p

tms48

Is there an easy way to achive focus usng a webcam in a f5 heritage 130p.

At present even with the focusser scewed fully in, unless I slide the truss legs slightly inwards it will not focus, I have checked it out and do not appear to have this problem with my f6 200p dob.

By using this method I am not using the stops on the truss legs so they are liable to slide in an a slightly unequal distance losing the original collimation to the telescope.

I dont really want have collimate independantly for imaging or normal viewing, any answers would be appreciated.

The Heritage 130 as with al lot of small reflectors doesn't have sufficient inwards focuser travel to allow a DSLR or webcam to achieve focus. The solution is to use a barlow lens, this moves to point of focus outwards and allows a camera to reach focus. This Youtube video from The Astronomy and Nature Centre gives a good explaination

Peter

had same problem on my SW heritage 76 table dob.

i overcame problem without using a barlow. i removed the eyepiece holder screwed into the focuser tube. then slipped my webcam into focuser tube.

i am unable to move main mirror as it is glued into its holder. so i unscrew eyepiece holder and slip cam into focuser. couple hairbands will hold it inplace and you have a lot more inwards travel that you are lacking

Archived