Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher AZ4 (Alimium legs light weight verson)

Hi Hex,

Have the larger tube stainless steel one, not that heavy use it for a st120 and just holds a 127mm frac.Picked up for £100 off e-bay :-).

The lighter version probably has a little less in carrying capacity but second hand they are as rare as hens teeth.

CHeers

Will a Celestron 102 STL slide straight on? I up-graded to 2" after reading quite a few reviews who sugessted the same only to discover the mount wont take the extra weight, most annoying. To be honest I have began to think of the stl mount as being a bit of a toy, a bit wobby too unless I sink it in to the lawn, great little scope mind, very nice Orion Nebula and fits the entire sword in.

If the scope has a Skywatcher compatible dovetail bar then it should fit straight on to an AZ-4. One problem that some folks find if you come from another alt-az mount is that the finder scope can be on the wrong side of the main scope tube, ie: underneath it. The AZ-4 needs the dovetail bar to be on the right hand side of the scope, looking forward. I you use tube rings it's not problem because you can just rotate the tube but some dovetail bars are fixed direct to the tube.

Archived