NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First try at M81-82

Quatermass

What a great night it was last night, was out there till gone 3am and started of imaging the flame nebula then as it got later I thought I would have a try to find M81. Not easy to find but after some time with my binoculars managed to see them.

I used the little triangle of stars that are a part of 3 that run across the top of the bears nose to find it and then took a snap. WOW what a thrill seeing those two for the first time I was jumping for joy!

So after that it was all out to get a decent image. I took 40 shots and 30 darks flats and bias, ranging from 2minutes to 1minute with a few in between at an ISO of1600 surprised my tracking managed that but it did so this is what I came up with. Hope you like it. ;) Now working on the flame nebula. I love doing this..;)

M81%252520and%252520M82.JPG

Nice shot and well framed:icon_salut:. Yes it was a stunning night last night over in cambs too. At long last a few nights of clear skys:)

Cheers John

Thanks John lets hope it continues for a while longer might even get to see Santa and his red nosed helpers ;)

Hi Mark, its wonderful seeing things like this for the first time don't you think, really gives me a buzz. The wind wasn't too bad here in Suffolk although it can sometimes blow hard and give me a real headache with my tracking in which case I use my fishing brolly to shelter me from it. Fishing brolly's are great for blocking lights from the Neighbours as well as for fishing.

That's a great shot QM. I love seeing images of this pair together. Unfortunately I can't see these these two from my normal observing/imaging location at the moment because they are blocked by my house, I'll just have to wait till later in the year!

Thanks BN I know what you mean most of the targets Im going for are at the back garden where its backs on to a meadow and its nice and dark trying to get these two at a sensible hour was impossible to so had to wait till gone past 2 am as well as houses there's also several large trees that need chopping down mmm wheres my chainsaw ;)

Cheers Ben looks like were going to get another clear night tonight so will try to find m101 even if that means being up till 3again lol I just love being out there under all those stars in my fishing thermals. Come to think of it its just like fishing but catching galaxys instead ;-)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Archived