NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Baader Hyperion Zoom 8-24mm MARK III

Matt2011

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very pleased with my C9.25 when i've had the chance to use it :-) I have 4 four kids and with the weather its been a struggle this year. As for the images i have seen what the scope and my multiple cameras :-) are capable of just need the practise now. here's my collection so far Flickr: justin.haylock's Photostream

thanks for the info btw i see RVO have for the same price too.

• 4 years later...

I received my Baader Hyerion Zoom MK III today aswell!

What would be the benefits of fitting the 2" nose piece over the 1.25" one? Would the benefits warrant the extra cost of the associated bigger filters etc?

JM

I was wondering about this as well...

The benefit of the larger barrel is that the eyepiece is possibly more securely held in a 2" drawtube than the smaller 1.25" type. Optically it does not change the eyepiece at all.

While it is larger and heavier than standard 1.25" eyepieces such as plossls and orthoscopics, the Baader zoom is not a massive or really heavy peice compared to some. Personally I found that the 1.25" barrel did the job pretty well.

Archived