Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQMOD has stopped working - No idea why.

swag72

Last night EQMOD was working fine until the last minute when I was having COM port trouble, assigned it to COM 1 which it had used previously and the computer crashed, blue screen thingie.

Have worked on the port issue and thanks to you guys have all my ports available for use and COM1 was designated for EQMOD. I say was as it ow wo't work.

I have uninstalled the ASCOM platform and EQMOD and reinstalled them. My last message can be seen below. Whenever I try to get it to open the telescope in CdC I get a runtime error 55.

I am connecting via the handset and 232 serial adaptor and the handset is in PC direct mode.

I hope someone can help - What more can I do?

post-18339-133877698064_thumb.jpg

Sara,

Error 55 is a file already open error. Could be a problem with EQMOD reading one of its ini files (perhaps it was open when the blue screen crash happened).

Use the toolbox application that installs with EMQOD to delete the emod.ini file. This will effectively reload defaults so you'll have to subsequently re do your site setup etc. Unistalling/reinstalling EQMOD doesn't wipe the ini file so if ever you want to get things back to a default state the easiest thing to do is use the toolbox to delete the files (new ones are automatically created). You can also backup/restore your ini file using the toolbox.

Chris

Archived