SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ep's for a telementor?

estwing

let's get things rolling i've got the 25 and the 16 and i want a 8mm but with the size 0.965 i'm gonna struggle...so diagonal needed with 0.9 to 1.25 then x2 barlow and to finish..recommended ep. i wont be pushing my scope too much with a 840 focal length will i? thanks for any help as you may save me a lot of money!

Well, maybe it might be pushing it at 210x. But not knowing what type of scope or apeture, I don't know. For example, on mine, 210x would be fine. However, you don't have to use the 2x barlow on the 8mm if it is too much. You'll still get nice views of Jupiter and Saturn at 105x. Although, you might then get a 12mm or 10mm and use it on that.

I wouldn't go above a 5mm eyepiece(or a 10mm with x2 barlow) for planets. That'd give you 168x. At least not in my experience with a scope of this size.

There's an old rule of thumb that the max magnification you can get out a scope, before the image breaks down is, 50x per inch(or 25.4mm) of aperture. Your Zeiss is close to 2.5"......so 125x is the theoretical max. High quality optics take magnification over this 'limit' very well. My Carton 60mm lens is pretty special and I regularly use between 140-170x for great views of the planets. Your Zeiss lens should match the Carton quality, possibly beat it, so don't be afraid to pump up the power when planet viewing.

The above of course depends on how steady the skies are.

You just have to get a pic posted of your scope, so we can drool over it.

Easily one of the most desired small scopes, this side of the milky way.

CAn't remember if you mentioned it before.........Is it the complete scope, ie: tube, mount & wooden tripod?

Cheers,

Andy.

If you're low on funds, check this out..........

AstroBoot

Have various items that could be of interest. Whilst they will not be great, they should be decent to good and will let you get started?

Cheers,

Andy.

Woops, missed a bit out.

They have 1.25" diagonals, hybrid o.965"-1.25" diagonal, 0.965" diagonal, a meade 0.965" barlow that should be decent .... ideal if you're on a budget. As I said before the quality should b okay, but not brilliant. I've got a few of the cheap 1.25" diagonals and they're decent.

I used to have some old 0.965 stuff - an ortho 12.5, 18m kellner and a 4mm something or other. Wasn't great, but to be fair, the views from the ortho were decent.

However, as Andy said, you can get star diagonals quite cheaply that allow you to use 1.25". Then the world is pretty much opened up away from cheap crappy 0.965 Huygens.

Archived