SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Red filter head torch

I thought some fellow members might be interested in this.

During the summer we go camping quite a lot and something that is usefull in the darker hours when nature calls are head torches. I wonderd how easy it would be to attach some kind of red filter to one, so that when i was out with the scope I would be able to use a red light whilst still having both of my hands free.

I went to buy a headtorch yesterday and was pleased to find that Go Outdoors already sell them with a red filter. At £4.99 they are a bargain, they even come with 2 disk batteries similiar to the ones in red spot finders.

The light that is given off is a little rose, but i found it quite usefull. you can also flip up the red filter to enable you to use a normal light when setting up or breaking down.

Hope this helps.

post-29951-133877695616_thumb.jpg

i bought a petzel 1 hold your finger on the on/off button and it lights a red led hold it again goes to white very good. also b and q sell neergizer headlight torchs with both red and white lights combined £7 bargain

Archived