Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First time m42

sunshine185

Was clear in oldham tonight, but the moisture was horrendous, covered a clothesline with a blanket to block out next doors kitchen light, the blanket was wet through after 30 minutes, but got to see m42 for the first time and i am still buzzing. Using the 200p i first used the supplied 25mm and just gazed in amazement, then not holding out much hope i popped in the sw 10mm, it was incredible. cannot wait until i get my new x-cel lx ep and the seeing gets better, 43 years old and it was one of the most amazing things i have ever seen in my life.

Who needs drugs when you can blow your mind with M42 every time :). It is just one of the greatest sights up there. I always gin like a Cheshire cat when I have seen M42.

BTW, you can tick off M43 while you are at it: It is the little round bit, separated from the rest by a dust band.

Archived