Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Playing with the new toy....

spaceboy

Just have to say how really really impressed I am with your pictures guys.....I have a Meade ETX-LS 8 LightSwith with a webcam, so don't know how ell I going to do with an Alt-Az mount.....does anyone have any good tips for this, and does anyone (like say, "Henry"????) from near the Ashburton area care to meet up with me here in the UK, South DEvon??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DSS can stack images as 'entropy weighted average', for high dynamic range images but I don't know how well it works. There was a thread on here the other day about it.

The ugly way is to stretch everything but don't clip the white point. Then select just the core with a feathered selection and drop it a bit using curves.

The layering is the best way though.

Nick your images are great and the results speak for themselves, well done.

I am getting a 1100d for chrismas and hope to have a go at things like yourself, Steve's book is really helpful. Bring on the live view!

Keep up the good work

Thanks Adz. I like the fact that there is small improvements on each image (at least I think there is) In a similar way to sitting looking at a DSO through the EP trying to pick out ever subtle detail but now it's trying to capture it on film.

Archived