SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

No doubt that this.....

foundaplanet

blue sky that is currently sitting over my house is just another mid afternoon teaser to leave me with those evening thoughts of what could have been.

I will stand the scope outside because you never know, but, by my estimation the cloud should start rolling in about half an hour after sunset and it'll be the spaceboy blues again ;)

Looking like the south east has got a good chance.. wishing you luck..

Sometimes, we have to adapt to the not-so-good observing conditions. One day, when a cloud cover was forecasted for that night, I set up my scope a half hour before sunset and got to see sunspots on the Sun, Mercury and Venus, the pale Moon's surface and, knowing where to look, Jupiter (the bright sky background offered a strange contrast image).

That night wasn't so bad either - when the clouds rolled in, I spent a couple hours at several astronomy forum sites.

But night after night with clouds like you people are dealing with does take a lot of patience. My heart goes out to you all. Hang in there - sooner or later youir waiting will be rewarded. Mr Q

Archived