Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

300p Alternative!

Check out this beauty!

http://www.attheeyepiece.com/2011/10/apertura-ad12-review-great-things-Apertura AD12 Dobsonian Reflector Telescope - Telescopes at Opticsmart.com

I had a lengthy conversation with a really helpful guy called Rex regarding the above. Opticsmart would have no problem shipping this over to the UK via Fedex. Now, before everyone gets too excited i would advise a seated position before i post the shipping cost. $424 ;):eek::)

By the time our good old customs would have finished with it i reckon it would end up close to £1000

Its such a pity because i would have probably went for it had the shipping cost not been truly astronomical :)

No as it's part of the EU. And here's me thinking I'd finally got over my aperture hunger. That GSO is real nice :D

Thanks SB. It's a real beaut and i have decided its to be my next purchase :)

It works out at £717 delivered or there abouts with the exchange rate today. At just over 5 stone weight complete it should be manageable enough. I have used the wife as a guide (8stone) and she is about my limit so have some room to spare (she was none to happy about me throwing her over my shoulder in the test though ;))

I will have to sell both my current scopes to fund it if i go ahead. I have been thinking about upgrading for some time and it was a combination of your aperture fever post and a look through a neighbours 300p that finally made my mind up.

Edit: It appears the currency converter app on my phone is a little inaccurate today :) £744 is correct. It still comes in at £100 under the SW Flextube and with better features.

Archived