Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Forgot to post these

Since someone has resurrected my barn door shots I guess I should post up the pictures i forgot to post over the summer months. I didnt post them before because I short on time and wasn't partiularly thrilled with the outcome. I know I could've done better but it got dark so late ;)

Both of these were shot using my barn door tracker. I can't remember the exposures, there werent many subs and the exposures may of been 120 seconds each.

They were also shot with my Canon 30D unmodified and a 20mm lens.

anywayss here they are cygnus and the center of our home.

6346774362_cf08a979d8_b.jpg

6346774196_56c832e823_b.jpg

I think I could do about 10minutes at most before it would start to error to out. But I can't remember. it may be 15minutes. The streak on the bottom was definitely a plane as there was a airport to the west from where we lived at the time. The two streaks heading down into the bulge must've been satellites but two streaks moving horizontal had to be planes.

I have and you can see my other threads where I've photographed the whirlpool, Bodes, horse head nebula, and some others. I have a 70-200mm f2 canon IS-L which I've done my DSOs. But I have to say I was always more impressed with the views that my 18mm-50mm produced.

well i used to live in Vermont and up in the hills. the closest "big" city was 30 odd miles away. Now I'm in Oregon in the heart of the willamette valley so there's a bit more pollution but still good viewing.....except for the whole pacific northwest thing where it's cloudy from now till july and rainy....I'm hoping I'll get a break soon to get the the 15x70 binos out and do some viewing.

Archived