Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyWatcher 130P Advice

brucen

Not too bad, you could use the RGB align in registax. I have a 130M which is almost identical to yours and this is what I got (the black dot on one is a shadow from a moon) ;)

For the smaller ones, no Barlow was used however I have still got some AVI's left.

Capture 01_10_2011 21_45_22-Finished.bmp

Capture 15_10_2011 20_24_45-Done.bmp

Jupiter 30_09_2011 21_35_28-Finished.bmp

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I too have the 130PM but on an EQ2 with a single axis motor. Here are some images i took a couple of weeks ago with it. I agree with the comment to play around with the wavelets in Registax as it's amazing to see the detail that can be tweeked from what seems to be a blurry image. Looks like we are all getting similar quality pics. Gives me confidence that i'm heading in the right direction.

Steve

Assuming you have your GOTO aligned this can be an easier way to get good focus. For focussing use a Bahtinov mask, it's a LOT easier and very much faster.

Get Jupiter displaying in your capture program from the cam and get your focus near enough.

Use the GOTO to slew to a bright star, make sure it's alos being previewed in capture.

Pop the mask on the end of the scope and adjust focus - using 150%, 200% preview can be useful at this stage.

Remove the mask, GOTO back to Jupiter, centre in the capture program and capture away.

This should have your focus pretty much spot on, the seeing and rotation times will be your enemy now ;)

Archived