Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ZS66SD or ZS66 Petzvaal?

I'm thinking of buying a little 66mm 'scope to have a play at wide field imaging with my D70 dSLR. I havn't done much imaging and as my main 'scope is a long focal length SCT I thought that it would be easier to cut my teeth on a shorter focal length 'scope. I'm attracted to the ZS66's but am unsure which would be best, the SD or the Petzvaal. I know the SD will have better colour correction but the Petzvaal will have a flatter field. Is this just a matter of personal preference or is there a real answer as to which is best? OR is there something else out there that is in a similar price range that would give much better results?

I have the 66 Petzval and the image quality at the eyepiece is jaw dropping!. Only 2 nights ago was out viewing M81 & M82, with nice detail for a 66mm apature. contrast is very good & you now have the zs66 SCT adapter you bought from me - Sorted!!

Rob

Archived