Skywatcher 200p vs 200pds help

Hello all,

I am wanting a new telescope and I have done my research and I was going to get a SW 200P. But recently someone suggested a PDS. I have looked at the differences between the two but is it worth the extra 100 pounds. I am wanting to go into imaging so the PDS might be more suitable. Could someone re-enforce why the PDS is worth the extra 100 pounds and how big the benefits will be.

Thanks in advance

Austen

The PDS will give you greater focusing refinement which is important if you are going into serious imaging. You'll find the sweet spot much more easily than without it. Dual speed focusers are more expensive than single speed. Hope that helps :D

I love my 200PDS, focusing is much better than my old 150P, easier on the mount as well as it is shorter. Well worth the extra money!

Is it shorter than 150p? im trying to decide between the two! Any thoughts? ive got a heq5 so mount isnt an issue. sorry for hijacking lol

Archived