Reprocessed NGC7000

Gordon, I think you are thinking of derotation?

Deconvolution is a fancy kind of sharpening where the software analyses the spread of the light from each point source and recreates the point. This gets rid of the airy disc and diffraction rings that all optics add to an image and gets back to a point of light on the image. It helps to have a reasonable image to start with and it rarely works well for me (I don't think the two are unconnected :) ) but when it works its great.

Captain Chaos

If you don't stop trashing yourself CC, you will begin to believe it and we are going to have a helluva job to convince you otherwise.

Most of what you place on this site is damn good stuff, but if you keep telling us it isn't, less adept imagers are going to be influenced, be put off, and give up. So stop being a naughty boy. So there. :)

Ron. :D

Thanks Ron, it looked like this last time I played with it.

image.jpg

Most of the difference between any two images is in the processing, as you can see. Same data for these two.

I suppose the message to anybody starting out is that your images are a lot better than you think they are until you can get round to processing them somewhere near well enough that the data shows through. All manner of odd looking raw stuff turns into a postable image as if by magic.

Captain Chaos

Archived