NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sadr and region

RobH

Hi all.

This is unfinished as yet....needs more data and some deep Ha so I didn't push it too far, as noise was quite a factor. I enjoyed working on the starfield which I initially processed separate from the nebulousity.

In order to try to keep the stars tight, only the background was pushed. The stars were then recombined, and the whole lot used as a colour layer under another processing of the image in monochrome. This meant that any artifacts from stretching the layers separately, when slightly blurred and used as a colour layer didn't have any bad effects.

Imaged in late September.

4 hours in 10 minute subs with a TMB 80/480, Televue 0.8x reducer and Starlight Xpress M25C

No apologies for the spikes on Sadr :D

Cheers

Rob

robh-albums-rob-hodgkinsons-images-picture14417-sadr-regionr-300911-001rgb-new-process-071111-1200-max-res.jpg

post-14403-133877691352_thumb.jpg

Perfect fl and sensor choice for this biggy. Still some noise needs more time like you say. Not a fan of synthesized star spikes but you you have been delicated enough here just choosing the one big star.

John.

Thanks guys.

John.....I always try to be careful when adding spikes not to cover the image in them as I think that looks horrible. I also make sure that the spikes are at the same sort of level of clarity as the rest of the image....if you add them and they're the sharpest thing it just shouts 'artificial'.

I this case, I wanted to get the impression over of a big bright star in the way that you see them visually, hence the spikes for some extra 'bling' :D

Cheers

Rob

Archived