Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Different Energy Scale for Detecting Weakly Interacting Particles

In addition to the EMR Spectrum of Energy Scales, why don't physicists look outside the box and try to think about the possibility of finding that Weakly Interacting Particles have a different type of Energy Scale that is Non Photonic

The EMR Spectrum is the spread of energy of Photons over a range of energies

Why not have a separate energy Spectrum that would allow one to locate Gravitons, Neutrinos etc

ie a Graviton Spectrum as a measure of spread of energy of Gravitons over small distances to large redshifts

ie a Neutrino Spectrum as a measure of spread of energy of Neutrinos over small distances to large redshifts

As far as my understanding goes the low frequency end of the electromagnetic spectrum that is the radio microwave infrared end consists of alternating magnetic and electric fields. When the energy within the field approaches a critical momentum of oscillation in the optical light region the field begins to become more particle like and it becomes easier to describe electromagnetic spectrum as containing photons. If particles did not form then we would have a ultraviolet catastrophe. There would be an infinite amount of energy in the wave. The limit to momentum prevents this and particles form.

Gravitons are theoretical particles. Gravity is a very weak force and I personal can not see how it has enough energy to become particle like. My reasoning which is always obviously controversial as you know, forbids the existence of such a particle.

The next is from my own thoughts and can not be corroborated.

If we go back to the EM spectrum. It seems to me that as we go higher and higher in frequency, I can visualise why particles such as the mesons form in pairs. While the particles remain as bosons they possess no mass. The spins cancel.

Light to me is like a seesaw with the two virtual particles partners in balance. When light is absorbed by an atom the electron component is captured in the atoms orbital and it then acquires mass, the light seesaw has flipped in favour of the electron leaving its antiparticle partner further in a superposition state(negative mass) The force between the two gives rise to magnetism.

As far as my understanding goes the low frequency end of the electromagnetic spectrum that is the radio microwave infrared end consists of alternating magnetic and electric fields. When the energy within the field approaches a critical momentum of oscillation in the optical light region the field begins to become more particle like and it becomes easier to describe electromagnetic spectrum as containing photons. Gravitons are theoretical particles. Gravity is a very weak force and I personal can not see how it has enough energy to become particle like. My reasoning which is obviously controversial as you know, forbids the existence of such a particle.

Yes but the optical part is just a narrow window in between IR and UV.

You start by mentioning the extreme end of radio but then you move onto critical oscillation points which I presume is the other extreme end ie Gamma Wave Region.

At what point beyond Gamma Wave Region do EMR Oscillations reach their critical point

ie

[1] What is the Energy in eV of this critrical Oscillation Point

[2] What is the Frequency in Hz of this critical Oscillation Point

[3] What is the limiting Wavelength of the EMR wave at this critical Oscillation Point

[3] What is the limiting Wavelength of the EMR wave at this critical Oscillation Point

is the answer?

[1] Planck Energy

[2] Reciprocal of Planck Time

[3] Planck Length

What physical processes would Oscillate Photons to these extremes?

Yes but the optical part is just a narrow window in between IR and UV.

You start by mentioning the extreme end of radio but then you move onto critical oscillation points which I presume is the other extreme end ie Gamma Wave Region.

At what point beyond Gamma Wave Region do EMR Oscillations reach their critical point

ie

1. The critical oscillation is my term sorry..what I mean is the frequency photons are formed /observed. I also refer to the photoelectric effect. A photon appears at a few electron volts. Below that it is easier to describe light as waves. I think particle nature occurs because of a limiting relativistic effect within the 5th dimension, which may eventually give a particle mass.

2.The energies ie frequencies that the photoelectric effect occurs at depends on the material used I believe. I was referring to around the optical part of the spectrum.. Or even lower than that. I know there has to be a lot of particles formed before the UV range .. Or we all fry lol

3.Are you referring to the wavelength of a photon.. Compton Scattering? There is a formula you can look up.

I keep mentioning a limit to momentum, one such is the speed of light. The limitation to momentum occurs in all directions, that is all dimensions and prevents infinities occurring. Think of a speeding car that is accelerating,its like it is forced to reduce speed by turning around a corner in another direction.The critical oscillation I mentioned is maximum amount of energy / momentum that a wave can possess before forming particles.

is the answer?

[1] Planck Energy

[2] Reciprocal of Planck Time

[3] Planck Length

What physical processes would Oscillate Photons to these extremes?

What happens physically at the plank scale is not very understood by mainstream physics. It is however a fundermentally important mathmatical tool for determining all sorts of properties of particles and waves in quantum physics. The plank constant for example when multiplied by the wavelenght of light will give you the energy within the photon.

I personally expect the plank limit is related to the minimum possible scale in nature which is where there is a limit to rate of angular momentum like the limit to the speed of light...basically the event horizon of a quantum sized blackhole.

Ok so we fully understand the spectral range of the EMR

back to the thread

[1] Is there a spectral range of Gravitational Radiation eg measuring Gravitational Waves emitted by Pulsars

[2] Is there a spectral range of Electroweak Radiation eg measuring Electroweak Burning in Dense Stars

[3] Is there a spectral range of Neutrino Radiation eg Nuclear Fusion, Electroweak Burning, n->p conversion, p->n conversion, d->u conversion of up down quarks to up quarks

Archived