NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tal 2 Motor Corrector

sloz1664

I am considering getting a motor corrector for my Tal 2M mount. Has anyone got any suggestions? I have looked at the APM motor corrector but it has two leads coming from the unit. One is the connection for the Tal clock drive motor the other looks like a round DIN plug. As there is no provision for this plug on the Tal mount how can it work?

cheers

Steve

Mmm.

Just had a look at the APM site.

TAL Quartz drive with microprocessor-10167

No mention of the DIN socket. Is there a pic of the leads somewhere else? Slightly later Tal mounts came with the std power plug socket and a DIN plug and an extra switch, which I believe was for their drive connector.

Have APM said it won't work in the older 'power socket only' mounts?

:)

Andy.

It's my intreptation of the APM tech spec. It states two connectors attaching to the Tal mount. Which understood being the std power connector & the din lead used on the newer mounts.

Jon

How have you faired with the APM drive?

Andy

Thanks for circuit diagrams. I will translate during the week & let you know.

cheers

Steve

Jon

How have you faired with the APM drive?

The drive was great. The mount would run for hours off that battery. (unlike my cg5gt)

For visual, I found the mount combined with the drive a cracking combo.

Wish I still had it.

Only sold it all to fund the goto for guiding (which I've hardly done :))

Hi, would the motor drive corrector work on a Tal 1M motorized mount?

I would like to get one in the long term, although I am spent up for the time being!

I am also slowly learning about electronics, by researching on the internet and I bought an electronics kit from Maplins.

But I will have to try a lot of much simpler projects before tackling making a drive corrector!

I am in any case still perfecting my repairs to the 1M mount (I will post some pictures when I have finally finished).

David

This drive corrector should work for both the 2M(MT-2C) & 1M(MT-1C) mounts. Gets a good review here ...... http://www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=826 You may have read it, but might be informative for other readers of this thread? The other two units are no longer available.

Mmmm. The translator is working okay for on this pc. * I'm using firefox though. Anyone else having problems viewing that page?

Andy

Archived