NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Polar Alignment

I now have motors and a polar scope for my Explorer 150P with a view to getting some images. I know my mount is not the best but I do not have the funds to get a better one at the moment. Having read an article on the Galactic Fool website on Polar alignment I am totally confused as to what to do:confused:. Can anyone point me in the direction as to how to polar align my mount/telescope in easy to understand terms.

Thanks in advance

Steve

I have a set of polar alignment instructions for the EQ3-2 on my website here and Astro-Baby's instructions mirror these but are more 'user friendly' than mine!

However, provided you have carried out the calibration process on my website to ensure that the polarscope is aligned with the RA axis, another way of doing polar alignment with your mount is to download the software Polarfinder from my website here, select the date and time for your location and align the view in your polarscope to match that in 'Polarfinder' then adjust your mount until Polaris appears in the centre of the tiny circle in the polarscope's reticule.

This will make more sense after you have visited my first link!!

Archived